Pork By the James Seriously Smokin’ Barbeque Competition
September 9th @ 5:00 am – 9:00 pm – Buchanan Town Pork, oops, Park
If you’re a fan of meat and music, you’ll love Buchanan’s Pork By the James Seriously Smokin’ Barbeque Competition.
Join us on the bank of the James River on Saturday, September 9, 2017 in downtown Buchanan for a seriously good time.
Not a traditional pork meal but a porkfest! You buy samples of whichever competitor’s bbq you want for $1 each for 2 ounces. Take that pork and build a meal with optional sides and a bun package for $5.
In addition to cash and a trophy, winners earn bragging rights for the year! Barbeque Chefs put their grilling skills to the test as teams participate in Buchanan’s second annual cooking competition. Prizes include: The coveted People’s Choice Award of $50 plus Trophy. Judge’s Choice First Place $500, Second Place $250 and Third Place $100.
- On the Buchanan Town Park at 485 Lowe Street adjacent to the scenic James River. Teams will be cooking at their sites throughout the day.
- Gates Open to the Public at 5:00 pm for sampling until the barbeque runs out!!
- Live Music featuring Brittany Spears and Groova Scape on the Bank of Botetourt Stage until 9:00 pm.
- Purchase tickets on site for 2 ounce samples from each of the Barbeque Teams as well as the opportunity to purchase other food items from 5:00 pm through 7:00 pm at the Food Concession Stands. A Beer Garden will feature Craft Beers from P.A. Short from 5:00 pm through 9:00 pm
- Races will finish the Buchanan Tri – Run, Ride & River Race finishing on the Buchanan Town Park
- Awards Ceremony at 7:30 pm with the announcement of the Judges Award and the People’s Choice Award
Thank you to our sponsors
Botetourt Funeral Home
Bank of Botetourt
Twin River Outfitters
Bank of Fincastle